LA MUNTANYA AL TEU VOLTANTGREC Festival de Barcelona
CO PRODUCTION GREC 2011 FESTIVAL DE BARCELONA - INSTITUT DE CULTURA, AJUNTAMENT DE BARCELONA, GELABERT AZZOPARDI.
- Choreography direction Gelabert Azzopardi
- Stage design Perejaume
- Original music Borja Ramos / Carles Santos
- Additional music Francesc Cassú,Tomas Gil i Membrado, Pep Ventura
- Costumes / styling Lydia Azzopardi
- Lighting design Sam Lee
- Dancers Dani Corrales, Samuel Delvaux, Cesc Gelabert, Virginia Gimeno, Tura Gómez, Jonatan de Luis Mazagatos, Ingrid Magriñá, Salvador Masclans, Núria Navarra, Lorena Nogal, Alberto Pineda, Charles Washington
“Presence and the present: these are enigmas born of the movements you have made throughout your life. The movement of one person brushes against the movement of others, creating both collective and individual presences.
La muntanya al teu voltant is a production which in essence revolves around one of the mysteries that fascinates me most as a dancer and choreographer: the presence of the dancer and his or her relationship with the choreography and the group. Just as a tree is an individual entity or part of a forest, presence is something personal or the result of interrela- tionship with others.
In the same way, this production features references to traditional Catalan culture, while it also draws on the unique and singular relationships with each of the dancers.
How can you be surrounded by and in the centre of a mountain? How can you be at once the abyss and the gaze?”
“Again I see the mountains like men walking. I balleted with the valley-sculpting mountain. Deep as the sea, the mountain slowly drew circles around me.”
Perejaume. Passage from Pagèsiques
PREMIERE 17TH OF JUNE 2011 AT THE TEATRE GREC, BARCELONA